Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jesse's letter June 24, 2014


okay so my prideful moment of the week is when I beat the president of the ccm in basketball (the game of knockout specifically). he was like what elder just got me out and turned around and was like Hermana Thompson?!?! Well, here's where i learned my lesson. On Sunday, he assigned me a talk I had to give in Spanish. so that happened. President Coz is a funny man. He came in and told the Elders in our district that when they get home they should date one girl from all 50 states. An elders responded saying taht means a date every week and presidente say no its a date every night, but dont listen to me elders, just lock your heart for the next two years then go on a dating spree. |Hes a great man and truly gets to know us all. On another notes, I have hear a lot of info about my mission area, Quetzaltenango. Apparently there are very large rats that are bigger than cats and they have red yeeys. They call them guinea pigs but they aint no guinea pig, but dont worry my teacher assured me that they are vegetarian so Im safe. Dont worry mama! haha I have to say the CCM in Guatemala is super nice, but apparently the bugs still find me. My roommates have no problems, but i do and along with many other bug bites my pinky swelled to twice its size due to s a mysterious Guatemalan Bug. I would think the would just be washed away with all the rain. It rains every day, even when its sunny. Its currently winter in Guatemala, but its also sunny and beautiful every day. 4 more weeks and Ill be in Quetzaltenango roaming the streets and doing the work i am being trained for. We only get to leave the CCM for our field trips to markets and temple trips, but that okay because i get 17.5 months in the field and they speak Spanish way to fast here! I am ten times better at Spanish than i was in high school, i know enough to get through a lesson and conversation, buty something happened to make my companions and i realize we know very little. A teacher came and told us he had a surprise for us...that we are going to teach a real inactive member of the church...IN SPANISH!  Man oh man do they talk fast. Ill miss my slow Spanish here in the CCM. My testimony of this gospel has grown almost quadrupled what it was before. Ive been striving to learn as much as i can because they tell us we can only convert someone as much as we are converted. I want people to feel the spirit and happiness this gospel brings.i am spending the next 18 months representing the lord and i want to be the best i can. This gospel can help solve any problem anyone hall, all you need is faith! I love this church and that i get the opportunity to represent it. If your struggling with faith, read Alma 32 in the Book of Momron and remember you need to work for your faith.
love you all so much!
letter info:
it takes about 2 weeks for me to receive hand written letters, and sometimes longer so if your doubting then definitely just send it to my mission address. All my information is on my blog too... hermanajessicathompson.blogspot.com. I am so grateful for all the emails so far so keep them comiing!! they keep me going!
love ya!
hermana thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment