Tuesday, September 9, 2014


Hola Hola Hola!! 

Well this week was good and nice and rainy!! On monday we had family home evening with a member and they made us hamburgers because you know we are gringas and all!! I tell them they can be just like me if they eat them too! Martes was a crazy day! We left the house and it was nice and sunny and around 5 we are out looking for some people and it started pouring rain like no other, lightening, wind, the whole shabam! So we sprinted through the rain still receiving our usual cat calls, they dont take a break, and ran to a members house. 

We decided to share a message with them but we had nothing prepared so I had the impression to open up to Ether 12 about faith and then we invited them to read the book of mormon every day as a family. The Dad said that his family has been having problems and that in the morning of that day they met together to try and figure out how to fix these things. He said that he forget about the Book of Mormon and said that it was clear that God sent us there to remind them that there answers are right there in the book of mormon! I love this work! Missionaries are here to preach the 
gospel and to strengthen the members.The lord just works through us so its great!
 
We also had our 6 week meeting this week where we took our lovely squished 3 hour bus ride to Xela where there was also a cotton candy man, yes I bought some and it tasted like captain crunch (see pix). I got to see all my CCM friends and it was so great! On our bus ride back there was a crazy preacher man who decided to sit between my companionship and another. he was sitting in like the crack between two of the seats and just wanted to argue with us. I pretended like I couldnt understand because I hate contention! So many people just want to argue with us but thats not why we are here. But later that night one of our cutest investigators, Elaina who has 3 cute kids, accepted baptism! its so sad her and her kids live in a tiny little room with no kitchen or bathroom and she just makes tortillas to support her family. she is such an inspiration to me that less is more! 

Big news is my appetite has converted to Guatemala! I have beencraving beans and eggs, so life is starting to role.

We taught Maria and Thomas on friday and they thought we could only drink water in our religion and that we didnt eat anything, it was pretty funny, not gonna lie. On saturday was another rainy rainy day and my comp went to a paca to grab a cheap sweater, well she was using it all day and when we got home we realized it said dirt bag on it in english(see pix). Luckily no one can read english but it was pretty funny! 

On sunday, our investigator danny called us to come to church. let me tell you this never happens and it was like I was in a dream! crazy crazy!
For pday we played volleyball and ping pong with our zone and it was great! We have lots of newbies this week because official changes were last week! 

This week I have truly realized that I am an instrument in the Lords hand. He works through me and I love it! Just like it says in Alma 29:9! This week I have officially realized why our church is called the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. its because this is the chruch that Christ established when he was on the earth. 

Love this work and this church! 
Love
Hermana Thompson
My Zone sisters!

Her Mom is getting baptized!

Gotta have some creative time.

Home sweet home!

Hermanas' forever!
                                                                    Enough said.
Zone meeting

She was cold and bought this sweater not realizing what it said until later that night.


3 hr chicken bus ride but they sold cotton candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment