Monday, September 1, 2014

AND IT RAINS A LOT!

AND IT RAINS EVEN MORE...

LOVE HOW GREEN IT IS.

WE ATE TOO MUCH!

LOVE THE KIDS HERE!

A REAL SMOOTHY

LOVE THIS FAMILY

IT DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER!




Hola Hola Hola!


Well the rain has officially begun! And when it rains, it pourss! Having dirt roads is a struggle but I feel indestructible in my rain boots!! I can walk through anything. Well this week we continued to teach a lovely lady named Catolina. The elders met with her before and she has her book of mormon on her night stand! How crazy is that! The elderswere transfered and stopped teaching her so Id like to think she was just waiting for us.She is so pilas its insane! I also taught an english class with the other gringas Hermanas and its so funny because we speak english and they have no idea what we are saying! Now i know how the chinese ladies at the nail salons feel when they speak in chinese around us. We have the power haha. anyways, our biggest struggle is with anna and marvin because they wont take the timeto go to church and honestly thats one of the most important things! But im just gonna keep praying for them! 

Our whole district came and helped contact in our area so we can get the work movin. Some elders found a guy named Elder because his parents met with the missionaries mil anos ago and named him elder because of that, so Im excited to teach him! My first six weeks in the field are officially over and transfers are happening. I am so thankful for my last zone and how great they were! I've officially been on my mission for 12 weeks...que loco!
 
On Saturday we ate pizza! it was a party in my stomach!! But I did break my stomach this week. It blew up pretty muich and I had a chronic burping problem for about two days. whoops!!! I also ate crepes with nutella this week, literally I am a happy Jesse! and for pday we watched Charly and ate at this restaurant that I swear is in america haha.

Funny moment of the week is when we were teaching a lesson on a balcony and the little boy started peeing off of the balcony during the lesson! it was pretty funny hopefully the spirit was still there haha. 

Every day I am humbled! I have sooo much to learn, but I know that what I have learned is only because of my father in heaven. In Job 23 10 it talks about how He knows our trials and gives us them to strengthen us. So to that I say bring it on world!! Im ready to grow!!! Love these people more and more every single day!! 

Love you all!!!
Hermana Thompson
Hermana Jesse Thompson's contact info:


Hermana Jessica Christina Thompson
Guatemala Quetzaltenango Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment